Recipe by: Jason Riey
Yes, it is November and pumpkin season is in full effect! Living in Florida, you really don’t get a chance to enjoy the sights and smells of a cool fall day like everyone up north. Autumn comes to us Sunshine State residents in the realm of food. When we see pumpkin lattes, we know fall has officially arrived.
In developing this recipe, we used all organic ingredients and limited the unnecessary junk so that you could enjoy the taste of fall without the guilt. So whether your looking for a post-workout reward, a healthy breakfast option or a late night snack, you won’t want to miss out on these. So grab some Elementz Whey protein from our online store and fuel up my friends.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
Yields: 8 small pancakes
- 1 cup Organic Oat Flour
- 1/3 Cup Elementz Grass Fed Vanilla Whey Protein
- 1 T Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Vanilla Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 Organic Free-Range Eggs
- ¼ cup Plain Greek Yogurt (Noosa or Greek Gods)
- ¼ cup Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 2/3 cup Filtered Water
- 1 tsp Walnut extract
- 3 T Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 T Organic Maple Syrup
- Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well
- Combine all liquid ingredients into a separate bowl except the coconut oil and mix well. Heat the coconut oil slightly and mix with wet ingredients to prevent any oil clumping in the recipe. To make a fluffier version of these pancakes, you can also separate the egg yolks and egg whites and beat the egg whites until soft peaks start to form.
- Combine the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine just until mixed. Do not over mix.
- Heat skillet at 375 degrees and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles form on the top of the pancakes and flip.
- Serve and enjoy with some fresh fruit, almond or peanut butter or some good old fashion organic maple syrup.